They rule of them here in Colorado Springs is not to plant anything until Mother's Day because of the freezing temperatures. Friday afternoon I tried to get a jump on things and go get my flowers to plant yesterday only to find that the trucks had been told not to come b/c Friday night was supposed to be cold! So we made a second trip yesterday to bring all the bealutiful flowers home! After a trip to Home Depot with a couple of trips across the store to find the bathroom in time we made our selections and then came home and set to work. While Cole worked on some more weed control and I potted flowers Sierra and Bongo enjoyed being outside running a muck in the yard.
Sierra was awefully proud of the flowers she helped pick out and water! She is especially excited about the strawberry plant and hoping it will produce some fruits just for her this summer. I have to give a special thanks to Cole for working so hard and taking the stump out of the little nook so I had a smaller planter area to use! Loving looking out the windows and seeing the bright colors! Hope that I can keep my green thumb a good while this summer!!!
Now it's time to get ready for mass and then a family picnic at Garden of the Gods. Hope that all of you moms have a fabulous day and have something and someone to enjoy the beauty of today with!
Sierra getting ready to paint some pots to add to our garden...








No comments:
Post a Comment