A Family of Four

Friday, June 24, 2011

"Fancy!"

Apparently... Grandma Lulu is "Fancy!"  At least fancier than mommy, ha ha!  Sierra has been fascinated this week with Grandma Lulu's routine to get ready.  She has enjoyed watching/observing/gawking over Grandma each morning as she washes her face, curls her hair, puts on jewelry... and especially putting on make-up! 

For any of you that know much about me, you know that I'm pretty much a tom-boy... still!  On an occasion I will bother to blow dry or curl my hair... mind you these are very rare occasions!  I do put on mascara about two times a week or more, but it's not a daily thing.  So experiencing Grandma's daily routine has captivated Sierra.  Not to mention Grandma has allowed Sierra to do some experimenting with the light eye shadows!  I have found myself a few mornings busting out the mom spit to rub off/smear in the interesting attempts at make-up!

So yesterday morning our new neighbors were out back with their dog.  (Sierra loves dogs!)  She was up sitting on the toilet lid watching Grandma.  I hollered up the stairs at her that the new dog was out and that it looks like Lizzy, Grandma and Papa's dog.  I could hear in her voice, she was torn.  She wanted to come see the dog, but she was BUSY!  Long story short she came down the stairs hurriedly to see this new dog.  Once she spotted it she had to go out back to get more and to let Bongo go say Hi at the fence.  Bongo did his tail wagging and the two dogs greeted each other.  Sierra talked sweetly to the new dog... and she came running back into the house, past me, and up the stairs!!!  I asked her what was going on and did she need to pee?!  Sometimes she makes mad dashes to make it to the potty.... but this time her response was different!

"No,  Grandma is doing FANCY THINGS and I dont' want to miss it!!!!!" 

Mom and I couldn't stop laughing.  She was very serious and it was so sweet!  And there she returned, sitting on the top of the toilet, watching, studying... and then attempting herself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment