So I suppose it's nesting or something of that nature, but I've been cleaning up, weeding out, rearranging areas of the house these days. Part of it is my attempt to stay busy in the evenings as well. We have been using the same yard sale microwave cart I found in college. The kitchen in this house is the smallest I've had as far as storage goes... so long story short the microwave cart became the overflow area. And then Sierra's coloring stuff, playdough stuff and more were added. It has been driving me crazy! So I went on the hunt...
I quickly found a great microwave cart at the Goodwill... but it was already sold. Then they had another piece that would have worked well... but it was part of a set. I didn't need the set and they wouldn't split them up... so I continued. So I took Sierra along and we checked out other Thrift stores, furniture stores, consignment shops, and craigslist. Nothing... And then out of the blue we took a different route to pick up a friend in the afternoon and passed a "yard sale." It was on the other side of the street but had some intersting pieces of furniture. So on the way home we went back that direction as well and stopped by.
This "yard sale" was full of decent wood furniture pieces and antiques. There was this nice antique buffet table with birds-eye mable for $150... I was very interested in it, but it wasn't what I had been looking for... and wouldn't fit dimensionally. I was in the car and not the truck so even if I were to get it I would have to come back later. It was in great shape and so with nerves sending my stomach swirling and the lady approaching me I began to bargin. I offered $100... She countered with $125. I said $110... then at $115 she said it was mine! Yikes... Okay... well I still had the possible out as I would have to go get the truck. So I took her number and the price we agreed on and had an hour to decide, measure, etc. Long story short I decided it wouldn't work as a microwave cart, but would be a great addition to the dinning room and would provide storage for my china and crystal. This would free up the cabinet space needed for the overflow from the microwave cart. The drop leaf table we had in the dinning room now serves as our microwave stand and things in general look more finished. It took a couple of nights to complete the rearranging... and I'm not sure that everything is in it's final place, but here are some photos of my "trophy hunt."
What Is It? Wednesday (resorcinol)
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment