A Family of Four

Friday, March 9, 2012

Good-bye February... Hello March

Wow... glad the month of February 2012 is over!  It was a month marked with many emotionally charged experiences.  We started off with Weston's stay in the hospital for RSV.  As we were getting back on our feet there were several other things going on with those we know and love that pull out your heart stings and will not be shared in this blog for privacy sake.  In the midst of all of the heart ache I then lost a sweet friend. 

My girlfriend, Kim, from my MOPS group passed away suddenly of a brain bleed that she simply thought was a migraine.  It caught me off guard and has made me reexamine life.  As a military spouse I have often pondered the "what ifs" of loosing my husband.  I haven't spent much time or thought if ever, what would my family's life look like without me.  Now I'm working to spend more time saying yes, pausing to read that story, give an extra hug and live in a way that Kim's positive, energetic nature would have encouraged.  I was fortunat enough to attend her services on Monday and "enjoyed" if that is possible, the celebration of her life that it was.  The loss of life so unexpectadly and early in life has been a sad experience, however there is peace found in knowing that Kim is with our Lord.  She was in a wonderful place with God in her life and her family has choosen to find the good in the situaiton. 

I can only hope that if it were my time to come that others would see the good that has come... especially my children and husband.  So to end on a happier note, here are some of the smiles that March has brought with it as we work towards a better tomorrow together.

 Happy siblings
 New shoulder "link" haircut
 Sitting in the front seat like a big boy... with his mohawk
First swim lesson... loving it!
Our Little Warrior

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. You are a wonderful woman, friend, wife and mother, I am blessed that you have been a part of my life, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Prayers to her family.

    ReplyDelete